This tutorial is about sideloading Android apps in Windows 11. We will try our best for you to understand this guide. I hope you will like this blog How to Sideload Android Apps in Windows 11. If your answer is yes, please share after reading this.
Check how to sideload Android apps in Windows 11
Microsoft has released the first preview of the Windows Subsystem for Android (WSA), which finally brings Android app support to Windows 11. Although the company has decided to work with Amazon to download the apps through the Amazon Appstore , it is possible to download other applications. . from Android. The new platform is currently available for devices in the “US” region running the latest version of Windows 11 and meeting memory, processor, and virtualization requirements.
You will also need an Amazon account in the United States to use the Amazon Appstore. Since the Amazon Appstore only offers a limited number of apps and not everyone has an Amazon account or US account, you can use the Android Debugging Bridge (ADB) tools to install apps from any source using the “.apk”. procedure. In this Windows 11 article, we’ll walk you through the steps to download Android apps to your computer.
How to Download Android Apps on Windows 11
Install Windows Subsystem for Android
- Go to the online link generator for the Microsoft Store.
- Click the drop-down menu and select URL (link).
- Next, click on the RP drop-down menu and select Slow.
- Next, enter the following URL in the address bar and click the Generate Temporary Link (checkmark) button. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/windows-subsystem-for-android/9p3395vx91nr
- The link builder will fill the screen with a few options. Scroll down the page and click on the
- File MicrosoftCorporationII.WindowsSubsystemForAndroid_1.8.32828.0_neutral_~_8wekyb3d8bbwe.msixbundle.
- You may need to allow the file to download, as your browser may mark it as unsafe. Wait for the download to complete.
- Then press Win + S and type powershell.
- Click Run as administrator in the search result.
- To install Windows Subsystem for Android, type the command Add-AppxPackage -Path followed by the location of the downloaded file in quotes.
- For example, if you downloaded the Windows Subsystem package to the C:UsersUserNameDownloads folder, the full command would look like this: Add-AppxPackage -Path “C:UsersTashreefDownloadsMicrosoftCorporationII.WindowsSubsystemForAndroid_1.8.32828 .0_neutral___8wekyb3d8bbwe.Msixbundle”
Enable virtual machine platform
- Press Win + I to open Settings.
- In the left panel, open the Applications tab.
- Click Optional Features.
- Scroll down to the Related Settings section, then click More Windows Features.
- In the Windows Features window that opens, find and select Virtual Machine Platform.
- Click OK to apply the changes.
Install ADB Minimum Requirements on Windows 11
- Go to the ABD and Fastboot page and download the installer file.
- Run the installer and follow the onscreen instructions to complete the installation.
- After installing the setup, you can proceed to install Android apps on Windows 11 using App APKs.
Sideload Android apps on Windows 11
- Go to APKMirror, then find and download the APK file of the app you want to install.
- Next, start the Windows Subsystem for Android.
- Under Subsystem Resources, select Continuous.
- Next, toggle the switch to enable developer mode.
- Then copy the IP address. If the IP address is not displayed, click the Update button. If that doesn’t work, click the File Explorer icon in the Files section to restart. Click the refresh button again and you should see the IP address.
- Press Win + R, type cmd and click OK to open the command prompt.
- In the Command Prompt window, type the following command and press Enter to run it, replacing YourIPAddress with the copied IP address: Adb connect YourIPAddress
- Then type adb devices to see if the connection is established.
- To install the app, type adb install, then drag and drop the apk file into your command prompt to add the file path. Once done, the command will look like this: adb install C:UsersTashreefDownloadscom.rovio.dream_1.37.1-25240_minAPI21(arm64-v8a,armeabi-v7a)(nodpi)_apkmirror.com.apk
- Press Enter and wait for the success message.
Final Words: How to Sideload Android Apps in Windows 11
I hope you understand this article How to Sideload Android Apps in Windows 11, if your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section linked to this article. And if your answer is yes, share this article with your family and friends.